Theresa Griffin MEP is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Constituency Assistant to work in her office in Liverpool.
The role is a full-time position based in Theresa’s Liverpool office, though part-time hours will be considered. The salary is £22,000 to £24,000 depending on experience.
The post will ideally start from September 2018.
The role will give a successful applicant the opportunity to gain highly valuable work experience and provide an insight into the internal operation of the European Parliament and the work of Theresa Griffin, the other Labour MEPs and the European Institutions.
The successful applicant will work alongside Theresa and her existing staff.
- Plan and manage the MEP’s constituency diary, travel arrangements and forward plan
- Provide the MEP with event briefings including directions for travel, co-ordination of relevant back-up materials, social and written briefings
- Accompany the MEP to constituency events as required and recording the events for communications in liaison with Head of UK Office
- Maintain and develop an accessible database of media contacts – local, regional and national
- Draft letters, briefings, press releases and other information for the MEP
- Production of policy / research / public information publications
- Support Head of UK Office on community engagement, communications and campaigns
- Provide absence cover for colleagues
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list of duties, other tasks may be assigned depending on what is required in the office.
- Educated to degree level or with 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Efficient interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to write succinctly and confidently
- An ability to work independently and flexibly with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google products as well as WordPress
- A full, clean driving licence
- A proven commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- An interest in current affairs and sympathy with Labour Party values
Please apply by email by 8pm Wednesday, June 27th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “*Your name* – Constituency Assistant Application” in the subject line.
Please attach to the email:
- an up to date CV (maximum 2 sides)
- a letter of motivation (maximum 1 side) explaining how you fit the person specification above
- contact details of two referees
Interviews will be held in Theresa’s Liverpool office on Sunday 8th July 2017.